We have six full time highly experienced designers working on AutoCAD and Solid works undertaking concept design and survey work, plant layouts, special purpose machinery design and detailed manufacturing drawings.
Plant and Process design
Redhall Jex maintains a full design service and has permanent design facilities available in three locations within the United Kingdom at Grimsby, Manchester and Birmingham. In addition, and where this fits the requirements of the project, we are able to place design teams within client premises worldwide. We can handle all of the main disciplines required to produce an effective plant design.
The Redhall Jex design team has developed a simple but effective method of document control ensuring that we use the latest information available at any stage within the project.
Utilising the latest Solidworks AutoPlant, AutoCAD and CadWORX software, we can produce full 3D models of your production facilities allowing the tightest integration of the new process with your existing facilities.
With these software systems we can quickly produce the following data;
- 3D visualisations – The ability to review the process equipment at any angle or distance required.
- Walkthroughs – animated walkthroughs showing the process equipment as the operators and maintenance staff would see it.
- Layouts – fully detailed 2D or 3D engineering drawings.
- Piping plans – fully detailed piping plans using AutoPlant software.
- Piping Isometrics – utilising the routing software built into Solidworks we can provide high quality spec driven production isometrics. Alternatively we can produce industry standard isometrics utilising the latest Autoplant and CadWORX plant design software.
- Pipe supports – pipe supports designed and manufactured to Site, British or International standards.
- Structural Calculations – utilising CADS A3Dmax software we can analyse the structural requirements for your project and subsequently size the structural elements and ensure compliance with BS5950.
- Structural Layouts – fully detailed structural layouts.
- Structural details – all elements of the structure can be extracted and detailed individually.
- Vessels – designed and detailed to the latest British and International standards.
In all of the above cases the drawings are intimately linked to the model and guarantee that the drawings match the model.
Utilising the latest AutoCAD software we can produce full 2D Plant layouts incorporating many of the elements shown above.
Design risk assessment
All of our designers continually risk assess their designs and minimise the residual risks wherever possible. This process is documented within the design.
In our specialist areas we have process engineers, project engineers and project managers who can help you to develop your process to match your business requirements. Advice can be given on the best solution to address the issues that inevitably arise as your business develops. Redhall Jex has extensive experience in the food and pharmaceutical industries. This experience will be brought to bear on your projects with the sole aim of providing suitable cost effective solutions enabling you to maintain focus on, and forge ahead with, your core business.
We can produce process diagrams, flow diagrams etc, using our in-house engineering team or, draw on the direct process knowledge embodied within the client’s production and engineering teams. Working to Site, British or International standards and documenting all process parameters and equipment specifications.